1. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. CHANGE OR UPDATE REGISTRATION DATA
You may request a change to or update the Registration Data you provide Company by changing your profile in the “Account Settings” section of your personal page or by contacting Company via email email@example.com (please include in the Subject line the words “Change in Registration Data”). It is your responsibility to maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
4. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as expressly provided herein, absent your prior consent, Company does not share your personal information with any unrelated third parties. Additionally, Company does not permit unrelated third parties to perform “reverse searches” whereby they could identify users from email addresses. In addition, the following describes some of the ways that your personal information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide you with the Services:
- Profile. Company may post certain information as a part of your User Profile, which will be viewable by other Users and visitors to the site, including but not limited to your username and location. Company will not disclose your home address, email address, phone number, or full name in connection with your User Profile.
- Advertisers. Company may aggregate personal information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, Company does not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally without your explicit consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company reserves the right, and you authorize Company, to share or disclose your personal information, including, without limitation, any content, records or electronic communications of any kind, when Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- you are interfering with Company’s or a third party’s rights or property;
- you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- requested by governmental authorities in the event of any investigation, act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
In the event of a merger, acquisition, sale of substantially all of its assets or change of control of Company, personal information collected by Company about you will be considered a business asset and will be transferred to the applicable new entity.
6. NEWSLETTERS, ETC.
Company maintains a strict “no-spam” policy. If you register for the Service, you may receive Company’s newsletter, notices and/or special offers via email, unless you have requested otherwise at the time of registration or as set forth below. You may unsubscribe from Company’s electronic newsletters, notices and/or special offers at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every such email, or if a third-party vendor provides Company’s newsletter, in accordance with the instructions provided by such third party. While all efforts are made to insure this information is viewable in all email browsers, there may be cases where certain email browsers do not display the unsubscribe information correctly. If you are having problems unsubscribing please forward the entire newsletter here firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the Subject line and you will be removed within seven (7) business days. Please note that direct replies to any newsletter are processed by computer and are not always viewed by a human.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Company and third party advertisers may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Company and third party advertisers gather anonymous information about their users through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. Such aggregated information is used within Company’s internal organization and is only shared with third party advertisers on an aggregated and non-personally identifiable basis.
8. WEB BEACONS
Web Beacons, also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs, (“Web Beacons”), are electronic images that allow a website to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those websites. Web Beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the Web Beacons are placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web Beacons on the Site. However, through Web Beacons, we may collect general information that will not personally identify you, such as: Internet browser, operating system, IP address, date of visit, time of visit and path taken through the Site.
- Internal use of Web Beacons. Company may use Web Beacons internally to count visitors and recognize visitors through cookies. Access to cookies helps Company personalize your experience when you visit the Site.
- Email. Company may include Web Beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that Company sends to you. Web Beacons in email messages help Company determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web Beacons. Company may also use Web Beacons externally. For example, Company may report aggregate information about visitors, such as demographic and usage information, to its affiliates and other third parties. Company may also include other company’s Web Beacons within the Site.
Personal information you submit to Company is password protected for your privacy and security. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises Company’s security measures, Company will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
11. TRANSMISSIONS, SUBMISSIONS AND POSTINGS
12. OTHER TERMS
14. CHILDRENS’ PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Company does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Site from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If Company learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Site without verified parental consent, then Company will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
15. SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you are a User accessing the Site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Site, which is governed by U.S. law, this Privacy Notice, and our Terms of Service [link], you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
16. IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY
In the event that Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or sells all or substantially all of its assets, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information and content we have received and collected from our Users and Members as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
17. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
- Via mail: Everlasting Footprint, 200 Broadway, New York, NY 10038, USA
- Via email: email@example.com
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 17, 2014